09-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #32
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
OK it is a boat, but Adaptive Drive shrinks the car around you. When I first tried AD in the F10, it was the control of the active roll bars which blew me away. Adaptive damping as in the 3-series is only part way to full body control. Plus the F11 has self levelling rear suspension which works far better than 3-series touring suspension.

What finally convinced me was a 330d M-sport to the same sort of specification is a £47k motor. Far too much IMO. I've got far more car for less money without having to wait, probably at least another year to find a decent AUC 3-series, if ever the specifcation is matched. I've been watching F11 models for over a year to find this one, with the kind of spec' I was after, and at a sensible price and mileage.

HighlandPete
Genuine congratulations on your large acquisition.
More of a barge than a boat!
Mind you, the F30 is nearly there size-wise. Saw the two of them side-by-side today in a London jam, and they looked very similar and oh so very boring!
Just can't understand why I bought an F30. Oh yes, I got it bloody cheap - NEW.
If only the Golf Mk7 GTI was available sooner. Now that the Mk7 Golf is out, my poor Mk6 GTI will soon be worth next to nothing.