View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #73
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Just a bit of context... I was oirignally ogling the 320i because the engine was a significant leap over the E90. However, after adding on the price of real leather and nav, i realised it wasn't much extra to go for the 328i from that point.

So in the end i decided to stretch for the 328i. I thought for the sake of a few $$$ i am at risk of making myself unhappy.

The toys/performance equation likewise killed the 320d off my list. I nearly went the 320d with the power kit.
Coming from the GTI I was convinced I'd want the 328i. Loved the performance and as I've said in other threads the N20 engine is superior in every way to the GTI except for the sound. It's a real shame it sounds so ordinary, and very diesel like (I thought the GTI was diesel like at idle, the N20 is a lot less inspiring).

Anyway, I drove the 335i M Sport and it really surprised me. I expected a lazier 6-cyl experience. It sounded great and had peak torque figures very similar to the N20 (technically slightly better at 1200rpm). The 335 delivered a very similar drive to the N20, but with the great I6 soundtrack.

I settled on the 335i M Sport and have spec'ed the M Performance exhaust also.

Now the wait, January 2013 build...going to be a long one.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0