04-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Infamouz627
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport EBII 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1338 View Post
Had a crack up moment this morning. Was driving to work all smooth and steady on a 2 lane state road when I had to change lanes to the left like pretty much every day. It was a slow speed situation maybe 30 mph or something. Half a car length in front, 1.5 car length behind, so, time to signal, 3 blinks or so and I start merging slowly and steadily.

Guess what happens next, the douchebag behind in the loaded-up late-model Jeep Grand Cherokee decides that this merge was not to his liking, SPEEDS up to my left rear corner, swerves into the left shoulder so he could actually pass me and deny the lane change. At this point I had no other choice but swerve away to avoid a collision and let him go. Didn't even horn or flip my finger, I'm trying to be above that, despite the urge to obliterate him with a rocket launcher.

Actually at this point the situation was so ridiculous I couldn't do anything but laugh at the balding 50 year old mid-manager looking guy driving the Jeep. Unbelievable how some seemigly adult people would regress back into child stage behind the wheel.

I have no idea what set him off to be very honest. I wasn't even driving a BMW so it's not a case of BMW hate. Actually with the junker I was driving I wouldn't even have cared if he had rear-ended me. It would have served him very well. But I wonder: in such cases would he be considered fully at fault? The damage would have been in my rear left side area. I would assume so but you never know the stunt insurance companies pull sometimes.
As Per AllAboutCarAccidents.com
http://www.all-about-car-accidents.c...ront-car-fault

I've had my share of run-ins with totally moronic, rage ridden, envious, poor excuse for human beings (the list continues) drivers. I just back off from them and keep calm. God knows what other madness lurks around in that demented mind of theirs. Last thing we need is a news headline reading "driver ran off road and shot in head".
Appreciate 0