United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1973 View Post
@Shawn, what would we do without your knowledeg

just to doublecheck:
Salapa Elements are my Loaded Extra in the car? right?

Does this mean I can add as "example" the extended BT:
I add to the below textfield (with the numbers the big one) : 6NL ???

and then all values are set for this, which I have done manually?
A couple things here.

1) Your SALAPA-Element's are your vehicle's unique option codes (e.g. 205 Automatic Transmission, 609 Navigation Professional, 2VL Sport Steering, etc,)

2) You cant add or code anything "on" that requires hardware you physically do not have, whether through FA (VO) Coding or FDL Coding.

3) You can accomplish everything via FDL Coding if you know what you are doing, although it can be more tedious when there are many changes required. But for instances where you don't fully know all the required FDL Codes to enable a feature, or for ease, if you have the required hardware, you can alter your VO Option Codes, and then VO Code a module(s), which will code the entire module, all at once, making all the FDL changes for you to support every Option Code in your VO.

So for example, removing 6NH from your VO and replacing it with 6NK won't automatically get you Enhanced Bluetooth functionality unless you physically also have a Combox.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0