View Single Post
      06-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
kjoseph270
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 XDrive 40i MSport

So, here are some more impressions so far:

-- Looks way better in person!

-- I don't have a single issue with the steering feel - handles great, gives great feedback. Maybe it's because I haven't been spoiled like this before.

-- Heads up display/extended contents is really cool, makes a tech freak like me geek out.

-- Standard sound system is very good quality, I was worried that I would regret not getting the premium HK, but am very pleased with sound of standard system. It's all I'll ever need (maybe that signals I'm getting old, but I still love music, so maybe not!)

-- Cockpit/controls impress me even more the more I drive it.

-- iphone snap in - sticker shock ($268 with tax from parts department), and have to take the case off my phone to fit - incredibly dumb!!! (although looks streamlined and cool, not that anyone sees it!) I'm going to mod it, shave the plastic down so it will fit with case. That said, integration with idrive is crazy! Love it.
-- Can't use siri or text with it...the down side of it in the center console.

-- Although the halogens look better than I thought they would, still wish I could've gotten the xenons. I still wouldn't have payed $4500 for them though. I don't want, wish for, or miss any of the premium options. I will definitely be purchasing oem or aftermarket upgrade.
Appreciate 0