View Single Post
      05-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #385
infinitigor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C, 2010 E350

for people thinking the dealer should install the performance suspension in order to retain warranty, you guys must not know how dealers work.

They will never replace your shocks, or any suspension component for that matter since they will say that you caused the damage. Shocks/ springs don't just "fail" they only fail if they are exposed to some sort of heavy force ie. a pothole, and BMW would never cover damage due to a pothole.

I once hit a bad pothole and my control arms bent, that sure as hell is not under warranty, same goes for if your shock is bent, bmw would not fix it.

Plus, when BMW repairs suspension they replace almost everything, thats their protocol. I remember when i had my bent control arm, the dealer quoted to replace sway bars, control arms on both sides, the knuckle, etc. When it comes to a warranty claim for an amount that high, it will NEVER fly. Maybe, just maybe if BMW's protocol wasn't to replace so many other suspension parts if one part was damaged, then maybe i could see them warrantying the part.

Last edited by infinitigor; 05-16-2013 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0