05-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #391
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitigor View Post
and bmw should cover a suspension part due to these northeast factors you speak off? they would never! horrible roads, salt exposure are not bmw's fault for a failing suspension part. and good luck proving that it failed due to it's "poor manufacture"

bmw will have a myriad of excuses not to cover a suspension part, and all those reasons you listed would warrant them not covering it.

I am happy BMW did you right by fixing your suspension issues, but your issues had nothing to do with the part failing, but to do with wrong parts / confusion etc.

Suspension components are considered WEAR & TEAR, and are not covered under any warranty. Unless you could somehow PROVE that the defect was their fault.
i'm unsure why you're so jaded, probably a bad dealer, and yes, their coverage for incorrect parts vs. failed parts is a different issue, but in the end, BMW designs these parts to last the life of the warranty (or extended warranty), and if they fail from non-abuse/neglect, they'll replace it like any car manufacturer would. I can see why you have issues with getting these items resolved, you're pretty inflammatory and defensive...just chill out and trust in people, it'll serve you well outside of these forums.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0