View Single Post
      08-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #178
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
What makes you want catless over hfc? I'm toying with the idea of HFC in the near future, mostly for the smell. I have JB4 stage 2 so the code wouldn't be an issue.

Now I've never actually been around a car with a catless DP, but I've heard so many mixed reviews about the smell. Some say it's terrible, others say it's not bad and you only notice it if you're idling and outside the car.

I just wonder if either makes a difference to BMW in the event of a warranty claim and how much performance one would give up with HFC over full catless with a tune.
It's probably 5whp.... I got the hfc for the reduced smell, reduced black soot, and the code. Since I ended up getting stage2, the code isn't an issue. I don't care what anyone says, even with the hfc, you still get some of the smell and I cAn start to see the black soot on my white bumper a day or two after washing.

My thought process is that if I'm gonna do it, might as well go all the way with catless. I'd expect the smell and soot to increase marginally but it's not that big of a deal. It's only noticeable when your parked idling or at startup. I don't think there will be a difference in bmws mind if there's a warranty issue.
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0