11-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
The smooth interface is great, but is it improved aside from menu's and snappyness?
That's it in a nutshell. Right now. 5/7 series get some addt'l features like being able to direct audio to left or right rear headphone jacks.

Quote:
Is the current implementation built on google maps? That would be a great upgrade...The view from the street - not so great IMO, I never use this with google nav on my phone.
New Nav has a street view but not sure its Google. Based on BMW's past, it likely is. I agree street view is cute, that's all. I have little time to stop and look at street view while I'm driving. At home its fun and sometimes useful.

Quote:
Why do they upgrade all that hardware but not improve the resolution of the screen? That would make this a must have upgrade. It would also be cool if there was an HDMI input, so you could hook up your phone to the display.
Why do they need a high res LCD? Until BMW decides to display uber-detailed imaging, they don't need it.

Quote:
I guess I'm just surprised that there's so much interest and people canceling orders just to have a snappier interface, better menu's and better social media.
Stop visiting forums. 95% of people don't cancel orders and most don't really care if they get the old Nav. As long as the Nav does what they need, they're happy.

I have a CA friend still selling 2012 7 series and he tells me that the vast majority of customers could care less about the new Nav, even the younger buyers.

Quote:
At a certain point hardware tends to outpace software...there really isn't a noticeable difference between a core2duo and ivy bridge
But you can't get a Core2Duo (discontinued) CPU with Ivy Bridge. You can get a 3rd Gen Core i3/i5/i7.
Appreciate 0