02-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #107
Agamemnon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 ss2 zcp full leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellerKiller View Post
Is anyone else having a wicked rust problem on their rotors? I mean, I park in my garage at 1700 and by 0530 the next morning, I'm rubbing rust off for a mile. This is parked INSIDE. And then at work, I park at about 0730 and even in an hour or two I get new rust on the damn rotors that lasts for a mile. I never had this problem on my E36...?
Mine rust within hours even if it is from just washing the car. Any driving in the rain and the rust starts quickly. Comes off quickly after a few applications of the brakes. I guess it is just a high iron content. They are the M sport brakes that we can get here in Canada on order for an extra $350 which is a screaming good deal. The calipers are Brembos like the M performance parts - the rotors are larger diameter but aren't grooved and drilled like the M performance parts. Very dusty but great braking.

I can put up with the rusty rotors as long as they handle heat and don't warp. I hate warped rotors - had a problem with that on my Japanese and domestic cars. Many brake jobs! This is my first German car so I am hoping the autobahn experience makes for better brakes.
Appreciate 0