11-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #134
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
Is the deposit actually refundable? According to the document it's non-refundable, and the "purchase agreement" that I signed has to pull some legal weight, no?

I'm in a somewhat similar situation, where I already put down a 1k deposit on an ordered 335 and think I got a somewhat mediocre deal - college grad + holiday incentive priced at 1k over invoice + 190 dealer fees. I was thinking a 335 allocation would be harder to come by, but reading posts here makes me think otherwise...
Wait, did you pay $1,190 over invoice AFTER deducing the incentives? So the true price you paid was close to $3k over invoice? If so, even if you have to talk away from a $1k deposit you can easily save money by negotiating a better deal.

If you paid $1,190 over invoice before incentives, that's not too bad, although if you shop around you could probably shave a few hundred off.

As for the deposit itself, I also signed a document saying it was non-refundable, but I've read online that in most cases it actually is refundable. Not sure why that is; perhaps someone else can explain.
Appreciate 0