Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloEyes View Post
So as the title states, mid drive, while my ac was running cold like normal, my car started blowing warm air last week. Mind you I live in Texas.....I turned off the car for a couple of minutes as i went into the store and it started blowing cold again for the rest of the drive home. The next day or so drove fine but the issue started happening again the third day as i was driving to work. This time around, my ac has completely stopped blowing cold and now is just warm. I looked under the hood and noticed that the belt for the compressor is spinning but not the center part (the clutch?) of my compressor is spinning. I was told by an aquaintance that works at a local bmw here that it was a software issue and that I needed a conversion but he did not go in further details about it even after i asked what he meant by that (really not cool....). I've tried connecting a gauge to the low pressure charge port to check the pressure but it shows in the red right now, probably because the compressor isn't running? Any help would be much appreciated!!

I drive a 2014 F30
So, if the issue hasn't gotten resolved then what is happening is your a/c evaporator is freezing up. therefore you need to turn off your a/c and just let the fan work and it will melt the ice off the evaporator. if you take it to the dealer there is an Service Bulletin that will require programming conversion and an small adapter for the a/c temp. sensor near the blower motor. once that is done your a/c will work fine again.
Hmm I don't think it'd the evaporator since I left out of town over the weekend and it's still blowing warm
Appreciate 0