View Single Post
      07-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
nilfinite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 & E89 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlmxr View Post
I just received and mounted a new set of 19" f10 wheels and tires from **********s. Great purchase experience but when I got the wheels something didn't seem right.

Specs:

Front - 19x8.5 ET35 /

Rear - 19x9.5 ET38 (+$100.00)

Finish:Silver Machined Face

Tires:
245/40R19 & (2) 275/35R19 Hankook Ventus V12

When I put them on the car yesterday I was pretty sure they didn't look right
- way too beefy and almost no clearance.

I slept on it and called **********s this morning. They said to come by.

I'm here now and have to say that these guys are great business men and stand by their reputation - they determined that due to the 38 offset in the rear, the tire figment might be a little aggressive - though technically within spec and recommended.

Because the car is so new, everyone is still figuring this stuff out (fair).

I referenced the 328i they did here recently and asked if they would be willing to swap my tires for a size down to match that setup.

Without argument they agreed to do so at no cost - right now.

New setup:
235/35/19 & 265/30/19

So I'm sitting here in the showroom waiting as they breakdown and rebuild all four wheels for free and take back a set of used tires - mainly because they had a customer who was unhappy with the product received. I'm sure they'll take a small hit on the tires - but great long term decision on their part. They just got a customer for life and here I am paying it forward.

I'll post pics when the car is done
Could you talk a little more about why the 245/275 combo didn't work out? Have seen others, with those wheels and the 245/275 tires, say that they love them for their aggressiveness. I'm currently debating between the 235/265 vs 245/275 myself. Surprisingly it looks like the 245/275 combo is cheaper.

If you have pictures comparing both sets that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0