View Single Post
      02-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #25
BmwFlooner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M-Sport 335i 6MT

Quote:
But for a street car, what's the point? Simply put, a 335 is damn near silent with stock exhaust, so it's silly to say it sounds better than a 328.
Hi, I'm new to the forums.

My current car is a 2001 GT v6 Eclipse, MT. I'm about to get a BMW 328i MT (it's on order), but over the last month waiting for it to arrive I've become concerned about how quiet the engine is.

In my Eclipse there's a constant ambient engine growl that overpowers all other sounds in the cabin, so it always lets me know how hard the engine is working and is a great cue for shifting. I've had it for 12 years so driving it is second nature.

So I'm a little worried about losing that audio cue. Test driving the 328i didn't present any problems, adapted to the clutch pretty quickly. Loved the car, and I'm looking forward to a more silent ride. I had been wondering if I should go with 335 instead, but if it's just as quiet in the cabin, then it wouldn't matter. (Dealership only had 1 MT on the lot, and it was the 328).

So I was wondering if any MT owners of 328 or 335 could share their experiences. Am I being dumb?
Appreciate 0