***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M Power Mexico View Post
Sad to see stupidity and yeah, racism, is very much alive and well with several forum members who evidently have zero idea about the true manufacturing capacity in Mexico. There is a reason the industry here is growing more than anywhere else in the NAFTA region. And hint: it is not only labour costs. A whole ecosystem of auto manufacturing is one of the, admittedly few, success stories here.

Maybe you´d rather have your BMWs made in Asia with much less input of US made auto parts?

Go get a Q5. Oops, made in Mexico too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i View Post
Hahaha, good luck future buyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domotron View Post
good ! not a big fan of that dump anyways
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicdebris48059 View Post
Oh No!?... Say it isn't so!!! :
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
My reaction exactly, might as well purchase a freakin VW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMvy View Post
And your new 3 series just may come with a brick of dope, marijuana, et al. Just look at Ford when they moved their production there.
Fortunately, also several members with a reasonable perspective on this globalization-driven shifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_F36 View Post
These are highly automated plants, no worries there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montpier View Post
Seems premature to make assumptions based upon country of origin (or even worse, nationality/implicit ethnicity of the work force).

Okay, I'll get off my high horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Some of you guys would probably be sorely disappointed to know just how much of merch sold in the USA is made in Mexico. You should be happy too, otherwise your tax decrease would be consumed by an increased price of goods. IMO there's nothing wrong with it considering the management and engineering styles will all be the same. My friend that worked in the South Carolina plant had sponsored German language classes just so she could keep up, because it all funnels back through HQ in Europe regardless.

I do understand wanting a German car to be made in Germany on principle though. But keep in mind that not all 3 series will be made in Mexico. Only certain trims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montpier View Post
Notwithstanding some of the recent political corruption issues the country has experienced personally applaud BMW for its continued commitment to a South Africa manufacturing presence.

Just speaking at lunch yesterday with a college educator who had recently visited the country and, while I gather conditions are much improved since I was last in Johannesburg in late 90's, it is still a country where this kind of investment can presumably have a positive impact.
Racist? Relax man!

All my BMWs were made in Germany for the last 16 years and if that isnt the case anymore then Im not paying that Premium to have something made else where....is simple as that!

I could care less how good the plan is (wherever is at). If BMW wants to cut cost to have it made somewhere else then apply that saving to the customers also.
Appreciate 3
sspade2464.50