View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #62
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Whilst i have posted in the main forum about this, i am hoping to get an australian perspective on this.

I recall sitting at the back of my dad's VS commodore and the harsh sun burning my neck. I just realised coming from a hatch that sedans may not have as much protection for rear passengers from the aussie summer sun which sits directly overhead most of the day.

So which would be more cost effective.... A tint or the sunblinds? I was thinking about the blinds but recalled my cousin saying tints were effective at blocking out the sun.

Drawback with tints is bubbling which you will see much later in the car's life. I expect to keep the 328i a while.

Is there a factory tint?
There is a factory tint (standard on M Sport in NZ), and it's very nice. I went for the integrated side blinds also -- extra protection from the UV we have here in NZ - for our little boy in the baby seat!
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0