View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #106
Erik.klenke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH View Post
Results from this tune, at this point, appear too inconsistent and subjective for my tastes - and at 18ish hp probably too small to notice - even to a well trained butt. Moreover, even the changes "under the line" don't point to more real world / usable performance. Also don't get this learning period thing - sounds like urban legend!
FYI: Some years ago I enjoyed good and bad experience chipping my Audi A4 w/2.0T. First chip promised big numbers and for the first few weeks I thought I felt something. But when others reported their disappointments, it confirmed I was fooling myself. I later replaced the chip with one from GIAC - which had years of well documented (though more modest) gains and had been fully sorted out. With this tune, the difference was very obvious and real; especially in day to day driving.

I appreciate the early adopters, and the minute I'm convinced that this or that other piggy-back with the blue light actually delivers 30+ whp and 50+ torque, and in the meat of the power range...and without surprises...my check is in the mail. Until then I gotta sit on the fence, with crossed fingers.
[u2b], [/u2b]
After I installed my BMS Piggy Back, the difference was immediately very noticeable; to my butt and to the stopwatch. My 0-60 time dropped from 5.7 to 4.9; taken right before and right after install. My previous car was 07 GTI with an APR Stage 1, which also advertises around 30 to 40 hp increase. I think the BMS piggy back was even more pronounced than the APR Stage 1. I have no doubt it's adding at least 30 to 40 hp in my car. It does seem that the results people are having are a little inconsistent, but the majority of people seem to be very satisfied. Best option would be to try it for your self. Very easy install and I believe they offer a 14 day money back guarantee.
Appreciate 0