02-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #283
TreDirtyFive
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
OK, so what's your point here? Where did we say we were looking for fast-and-furious power levels? I've never dyno'd any of my cars - I'm not that fixated on pure numbers. For me, it's all about how the car feels, not what it dynos at. That kind of stuff is for kids and people who race for a living. People pushing FBO, meth, race gas and all that on an N55 should just buy a Camaro/Mustang/Challenger and be done with it - they're in an entirely different league.
absolutely has nothing to do with anything you've posted or said other than "shiva's" post...

"I gained a lot of extra power from adding an ETS intercooler to my Evo, so I'm taking a similar approach:
1. PPK/Dinan tune
2. Dinan intercooler (or aftermarket unsure).
3. DP with HFC.

That should at least get me to 400 at the wheels..."

I'm simply helping educate him on what's currently possible considering the current tuning culture for our cars and that I've had a few BMWs; this is my 2nd modded N55. He also mentioned those 3 small tunes would get him to "at least 400whp" which is what this is all based on.

Also, Im a working professional adult with 2 degrees, owning my own businesses, and also am an instructor at several schools and part of bmwcca and am an avid road racer and circuit training nut at willow and laguna seca; when I can find spare time that is...so if that classifies me as a street thug racer ala "fast and furious" then I guess that's cool with me