12-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #18
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
You get used to what you have under the bonnet don't you..

Yes, this is what I am looking forward to.

When I test drove the 330d it wasn't so much that it felt fast, or super nimble, or anything like that.. But it just felt 'quick' in a sense that it was just properly getting on with things.. I got the impression you could make pretty brisk progress.. that, in a 4-door saloon with a boot big enough to hold what I need it to hold..

I read somewhere (maybe it was a comment you made in another thread) that the PPK gave it a bit more oomph in the mid overtake range of things.. Kind of where you need it in the real world… and so I thought I'd give it a whirl..

My last car was RWD and had tons of grip.. Mind, it did have the engine sat over the rear wheels and 305 wide Pilot Sport Cup tyres on it..!!!

I've been looking at D3's as well.. I think they look great and would be tempted in a few years time when the 330d goes..… Although I'll also be looking at the M3, I have to say..
I think it would be a B3 for me, or an M3.

The 330d is probably the perfect balance between economy and power. I can't see what a D3 brings - costly and less fuel economical no doubt. That being the case a PPK'd and Akrapovic equipped 335i would be similar in performance for a lot less money. Sure not as exclusive.
Appreciate 0