View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #36
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
The rust problem is totally unacceptable and quite shocking. Rotten metal remains rotten. Where else can there be rust? I'd be very unhappy if I was presented with a new car with this problem. I'd reject it.

Now as far as the overall fit and finish is concerned, the Munich made F30s I have encountered in the UK have a fit and finish second to none, and trust me, I am extremely fussy. I have been through F30s with a tooth comb and was more than satisfied with the car in every way. The car was far superior to comparable Audis and better than my Mercedes C Class 350 CDI Sport saloon. My other car which is a Mk6 Golf GTI, also felt a class below in quality.

I wonder what has gone wrong with the cars the above posters have come across? I'd also be very discouraged.
Most of the demonstrators in NZ are German builds. I can confidently say there is no noticeable difference in build between those and the SA cars -- I've driven both. In fact the German car had couple of rattles which the SA car did not.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.

Last edited by JonoNZ; 11-17-2012 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: Incomplete
Appreciate 0