JRINNS
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 Cab and Jag XJ

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I suppose it depends on what 5-series model you want. I got my F11 5-series 535i M-sport touring at a huge discount. Top specification Ex BMW HQ car for over 40% off new list, at just over a year old and less than 6k miles. It is just like new and specced up today is over £59k.

For me it was a no brainer to go nearly new, as I don't drive high mileage. Running costs are comparable to a much lower specified F31 328i M-sport touring, which was going to be my new car. No contest in my position.

HighlandPete

I'm just plucking the courage up to go for a 535d Msport, with discount and a few choice extras comes in at 46K via Broadspeed which I think is decent given the price of nearly new one.

I agree if I was to look for a pre reg 520d or petrol model the nearly new saving is greater. Look at the nearly new Active 5 ! 32K gets a top spec car that was circa 55 new. but the colour choice is not so great and as i will be keeping this 5+ years then it has to be right as you only lose to depreciation when you sell it lol
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0