05-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #18
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Is there any way to check if I really received these on my car?

Thing is, I had this on my X5 and compared to that car, and compared to my interior mirror, it is almost as if my exterior mirrors are not dimming at all. The lights are brighter and it does not appear as if there is a layer on top of my exterior mirrors like the interior has (you can see this at night because the middle of the mirror is darker than the outer edges).
I noticed the same exact thing in the F30. I had an E90 and E92 in the past and I had the autodimming w the premium package in all of them and when the interior mirror sensor detects any high beams it would dimm all mirrors (interior and exterior) instantly, in the F30 however, this is not the case, I noticed that the interior mirror would dim but the exterior mirrors would not, I thought initially that it's a defect then I noticed that the interior mirror would dim then the exterior mirrors would too but only when the car coming from behind you get closer to you to a certain level, it has to be fairly close to u for them to dim, I thought maybe in this model they modified it to function like that given the interior mirror would blind u regardless u r looking in it or not but you have to look in the exterior mirrors to get blinded, just a thought.