View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
lbahoshy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2014 Carrera S, 2023 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Well, OK...Dei gustibus non dispuntandum est. I've never really been a herd animal, particularly in matters of style, politics, and personal presence. I'm more a pack member, sometimes leading, sometimes laying back, sometimes forging out alone on a personal sojourn, but always of the pack, not the herd.

It's likely there are a lot of things among my personal belongings that other folks don't have and don't like. That's OK. Nobody needs more than 140 hp nor a pinkie ring. Everybody needs something that makes them stand out in a crowd.

I have a blue-black dinner jacket that I sometimes wear with my memorial pinky ring. Both have given rise to some interesting conversations and wonderful friendships/acquaintances. Not that they were the focus of said conversations, but they gave some interesting folks an easy reason to introduce themselves to me. And

I think even you would agree that at a black-tie social event, an seemingly 36-ish gym-rat, whom you know must be closer to 50-something than 30-anything, clad in hand tailored attire and sporting a giant pinkie ring is someone, who if nothing else, would be good for 30 seconds of interesting chit-chat as you both wait for your drinks at the bar. Even if you don't, I have three clients and several lady-friends who did.

Unrelated comment:
The older I get and the more I write, the better I understand William Faulkner. I don't know if that's a good thing, but learning is learning.

One word : PIMP ! I mean it in the sincerest form!! Good for you Tony. I can tell you would be a blast to hang out with and have a couple of drinks !

Big $ss pinky ring reminds me of the Godfather for some reason!
Appreciate 0