webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
thanks, I'll be honest dude, the 328 is really an amazing car. The fuel efficiceny from the N20 engine is incredible. i get over 500 miles on each tank. When i had my E90 with N54 engine i was getting maybe 350miles. The engine has great low end power but runs out of steam around 5000rpm.

Not going to lie, looking forward to getting back into the inline 6. I could happily live with the 328 for the next 3 years tho. I actually have not even driven the F30 335 yet lol. But im sure it will be nice. Only reservation is how it will handle with a little extra weight over the front wheels, doubt i will be able to tell the difference tho, especially in florida with our shitty str8 roads. And of course the steering wheel vibration issue, which im sure i will have again lol. As long as its no worse than it currently is i could live with it.

looking forward to doing a long review on the 2 cars.
Nice, you'll probably be able to do a great review since you'll have lived with both for so long. I test drove a sport line 328 and immediately followed by a sport line 335. The extra power was noticeable off-the-line and like you I am in a land of stop lights and north-south, east-west roads lol. The extra weight was also noticeable but it just made it feel more substantial and serious of a car (totally subjective and emotional). The autoblog.com comparison summed it up best I think...

Quote:
The 328i is objectively superior to the 335i because it is significantly less expensive, more fuel efficient, better balanced, lighter and nearly as quick (BMW says the 335i 6MT will do 0-60 in 5.4 seconds while the 328i 6MT does it in 5.7 seconds). In an un-biased and non-emotional decree, most everyone should choose the four-cylinder 328i over the six-cylinder 335i.

But many of us are not most everyone.

We found ourselves growing increasingly attached to the 335i the more we drove it. The heavier sedan lacked the tossable agility of the innovative 328i, but there was emotional gratification with the traditional powerplant over the front axle, and its mass made the 335i feel more stable and substantial on the road. Most importantly, there was the daily bliss of hearing BMW's silky inline-six whirling up to redline while its linear torque forced us deep into the seatbacks.

We have yet to meet a four-cylinder that is able to consistently give us goose bumps – and therein seems to be the calling for the 335i.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/30/2...w-335i-review/