View Single Post
      03-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #113
HiBee
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp 2019. DG & Silverston

Hi folks.

Just a couple of points to let you all know on how my handover went today.

Picked my motor up earlier today, not valated on the bodywork as requested.
It was given a quick light power wash & left to dry. They never attempted to clean the insides of the windows, and there seems to be smearing all over them.
Job for me this weekend cleaing them, as i don't intend the car to get paint protected/detailed untill a couple of weeks or so.

The car was sitting in the dealerships handover bay as i arrived, noticed when walking round & inspecting, that the black grills they had fitted were not secure. one of the clips or bolts had broken causing the grill to move. Although it probably won't not fall out, it's not fitted correctly.
Service manager had a look, to say new grills are needed & there is a two week delay in back orders.

Salesman done an excellent job on explaining the idrive, settings & what not
Took car back home, had another look at the smearing on the windscreen, to notice no bloody road tax had been attached.. Just as well i didn't go for a long run as origially intended.
Jumped into my other car, pronto back to the dealer. As soon as he saw me came running with the disc, laughing & joking, but no apologies though.

Just goes to show how excited you are when picking up a new motor, on not noticing a tax disc. I remembered to take my tax out of the PX.

Gave the motor a bit of a run just as it was getting dark to get a feel on the handling & the visibilty pack. Most impressd.

Sorry for being a bit long winded on the above

Pictures & review to follow.

PS.
Anybody with the heated steering wheel ?
This option was ticked, but doesn't seem to be working. It take it, there is no switch or anything & it should just heat up ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by HiBee; 03-28-2013 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0