View Single Post
      12-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #14
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive
absolutely no doubt that the sports suspension has softened up dramatically from the E9x bodies out of the box. I've owned an E92 335i sport and a 135i M-Sport...and they are much firmer out of the box. Yes, M-Adaptive suspension allows you to dial it in a little firmer but the entire setup, in general, is simply more mature and soft as also documented by many magazine reviewers of late. Also, putting the car in sport mode, only tightens up steering and makes throttle sharper...nothing to do with suspension unless you have the M-Adaptive setup.

I recently drove a friend's 2011 E93 335i M-Sport that is completely stock and it feels so much, lower, tauter, and stiffer than my 2013 335i F30 M-Sport /w 19s on Hankooks and Sport Mode...we're talking night and day stiffer.
You gotta be kidding me. The e93?! Serious? Have you driven the e93 m3? Thing is horrible. No way a 335 is better than that.

The feel of driving on the street is a misconception. Take the same cars on a track for a true evaluation. And i dont mean drag racing lol.
Appreciate 0