View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #134
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetko View Post
I'm not thrilled about some of these changes. I'll probably have to price it out to be sure, but it looks like the options that I want will cause a nice price increase on a 335i. I want the tech package, but not BMW Assist. I want the HK stereo and Sirius, but not the premium package. I'd like to keep the automatic high beams which were standard in MY2012, but are not included on the 335i in MY2013.

I've had a 335i on order without a production number since 4/21. Hopefully they get an allocation for a 2012 before the switchover.
If you don't have a production number for an MY12, I don't think you could get one now.

I have an ED for an MY12 scheduled for late July. It's been in status 111 since January (when I put in the order). Because one should be able to easily change a status 111 order, I decided last week to add 2VL to my ZSL 335i.

You wouldn't believe the push-back from the dealer. They kept saying that it couldn't be done, couldn't be done, could NOT HAPPEN. Apparently, BMW will make my car in June sometime and they've just about bought all the components for MY12s they are gonna buy.

Finally, I got them to change the order.

Personally, in Mass, we pay excise taxes based on both the model year and the base price of a car. If you buy the next model year in the year before it's "current" you pay more in excise tax. With the minor MY13 changes, I am happy I am getting a MY12 -- and break on excise.
Appreciate 0