View Single Post
      06-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #19
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Out of curiosity and boredom and the fact that I was in the office till 3am last night, I spent the better part of today pricing out vehicles on different websites.

I was surprised to find that if you price out a G37x or a IS350 AWD and add all the options to make it similar to a well equipped 3-series (so in Lexus this means adding F-sport suspension and exhaust), the BMW actually comes out a little cheaper.

In doing this of course I assumed that the stock suspension and exhaust in a Bimmer is already sportier than what comes stock in a Lexus or Infiniti. And on the Infiniti I added the options that come standard in BMW even though I don't care about them (like interior lighting for 500 bucks).

This makes me feel a bit better about the cost of the 3er.

Although we have a IS250 with no sport suspension, yo can get one pretty much loaded for under 50k...and it is pretty damn sporty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
That's the point!
Yeah .... the way things are going with gas prices, and the fact that I want to keep my next car awhile, have me putting more weight on fuel economy than I ever thought I would.
Appreciate 0