Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinemind View Post
Can someone explain the point of a 2 door GT, ie 4 series GT? I thought the point of GT was a 4-door coupe? It's already a coupe and seems like a huge waste of effort for the perceived market. Doesn't 2 door coupe sound redundant? For that matter, can someone explain the point of any GT sedan/coupe? They are hideous. I've seen 1 5 series in the last year.
Huh..? Maybe it's just because I'm tired, but I didn't understand that at all!..

- BMW's GT's (Gran Turismos) are not four door coupes - They are 5 door hatch-backs. There is a 3GT and a 5GT.
- BMW's four door Coupes are "GC's" (Gran Coupes).

-The GT's are more practical than a Saloon/Sedan, but perhaps less stylish. -The four door coupes are less practical than a Saloon/Sedan, but more stylish. There is a 6GC, and soon a 4GC.

As for why, some people in some markets aren't content with the conventional offerings for car makers, and as the car makers serve up more wierd and wonderful offerings, people buy them, and car makers push the boundaries further.
The problem is where does the 3 series wagon fits in all this?
It's much better than 3GT in utility and looks better too.