11-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #10
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
+100000000 to the above quote! I am not going to knock Android, as I use to run an HTC Tilt, that was similiar to the Androids. But, as was said above, when you have 20 standards, it is hard to standardize shit for it. I use to hate iPhones before the 3GS came out, and now I see half the Android users love them, and half of them hate them, guess which groups bought the higher end Android phone, and which group cheaped out. Once again, standardized at not being standard is Androids main problem/fault.
There's no doubt that Android is more complex to support than iPhone, but Google has steadily been improving the standardization and usability of key APIs in the newer versions of Android. The only reason BMW hasn't done a better job of supporting at least the newest versions of Android is that they haven't allocated the appropriate resources, which is disgracefully short-sighted, in my humble opinion.

As a poster above stated, Android has a larger market share than iOS and continues to sell more (i.e. it's increasing its lead). BMW needs to get on board soon or they'll be left behind by their competitors.
Appreciate 0