04-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #48
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorwaytg1 View Post
The Melbourne red is interesting in that it look a dark deep red in low light and bordering on the orange in bright sunshine. I love it....
I really hope that BMW offers a different red in 2013. Please make sure that you see Melbourne red in person several times before you order it.

I truly wanted to buy a red F30 ever since the first spy photos came out, and I wanted to "love" Melbourne red based on the online photos. But when I finally saw it in person, I was SO disappointed. Melbourne red might look great in low light, but in any kind of daylight it is definitely an orangy red (fine if that's the color you want, but I was looking for RED). IRL Melbourne looks nothing like the beautiful "cherry red" you see in some of the online photos.

Why can't BMW do a better "medium" red? It seems like they only know VERY DARK reds (like damask red, barbera red, ruby red, calypso red, and Indianapolis red) or the "in your face" reds (like melbourne red, crimson red, imola red, and electric red). Vermillion red is the only thing BMW offers even close to a medium red, and it's OK, but I wish that it weren't quite so brownish.

I know that BMW's signature color is blue (because of the Bavarian thing), so their wide range of blues is spectacular and offers something for every taste. But please BMW, spend a little more time on your reds.
Appreciate 0