01-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #94
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
johnbmw6: It is the same Matthew Bacon who is supposed to call me and/or get in touch with the supplying dealer on Monday. So I am told.

NISFAN: Just because other's are in the same boat, does not make it right. So all those with rusty seat bases, baggy seats, mis-matched rear bumper paintwork, faulty navs etc, should grin and bear it as they are thus part of the crowd? I personally don't agree with the suitability of such an approach.

Spacebug: It is not an outcome I really want as the F30 is a great car to propel but it needs to shape-up to its premium aspirations. I feel I am being reasonable in expecting a better standard of workmanship.

davyk31: Swapping seats would be too easy and too customer focused a solution. My primary mistake was I took the car to the local dealership who really did not want to get involved at the outset. I should have just shipped the car back to the supplying dealer who seem to be more customer focused.
You have had a bit of stick over some of the posts but
I have to sympathise with you whole heartedly with the production issues you have, after mailing Tim Abbott and having his reply, I have had a mail back from:
Harkan Suleyman
Customer Service Manager : Harkan.Suleyman@bmw.co.uk
He has spoken to my supplying dealer who has confirmed my problems after they had my car in dock.
The dealer is in the process of sending details of the problem back to BMW ,so a rectification can be arranged/sorted.
Regards my paintwork, they want the car in to look it over with a view to rectify, I will see as and when I get time as it's not obvious to anyone not looking for it.
I have spent just on £50K on this fully specced car and I like you expect it to leave the factory in A1 condition unfortunately this is not my first new BMW to come with problems, I am considering dropping them after this one if Quality Control does not improve.
EDIT: The only two cars new from BMW with no faults were X6 35DMS and F10 550i MS.

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 01-06-2013 at 06:57 AM..
Appreciate 0