shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokito View Post
So I guess I'm joining the club on this one. Driving home after getting my summer tires swapped at the BMW dealer, I had a sudden loss of power. The car wouldn't speed up past 4th gear, although engine sounded as if the transmission was stuck on 1st gear.. Tried shifting down gear which made no difference. I was driving on Sport mode and switch back between comfort, eco, back to comfort, and sport. Nothing... After pissing everyone off in the road, I pulled over. Shut off the car and it seemed to fix it. I drove around the house and couldn't replicate the issue. Any idea on how to check for fault codes and what should I look for? I would to take it to the dealer, but I'm currently living in Germany with a U.S. specs car. I'm sure I'll have a hard time with the language barrier, trying to explain the issue... The car is just at 3,000 miles, very disappointing...
Assuming the fault condition no longer exists, to clear the fault code.

1) Launch C:\EDIABAS\Bin\TOOL32.EXE
2) Hit F3
3) Load C:\EDIABAS\Ecu\F01.PRG
4) In the "Select Job: F01" window, select FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL
5) Hit F5
6) "Results" window should show "JOB_STATUS = OKAY"

Hopefully, Problem Solved.

Note: fs_lesen_funktional only read fault codes, FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL will delete it.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0