12-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
F10 buyers likely don't devote the same time to forums as F30 buyers. Its likely an age and priorities in life thing. Compare the activity in F10 forums to F30.

A CA told me he's had a couple problems with the new Nav when pairing customers phones to the system during deliveries. He mentioned sporadic reboots and customers complaining about BT issues. He did say overall it works OK.

I'm quite sure that as the new Nav evolves, it will be way better than it is today. That said, I feel fairly confident that BMW will draw a line in the sand and not provide many future software updates (feature updates) to older cars. Its too expensive for them to regression test and also doesn't give them an opportunity to "upsell" people into newer models. i.e. the new/current combox introduced in 3/2010 but BMW apps not being added until 9/2010 (i thinks that's correct!?!). Also near future cars will get the new touch iDrive controller. Once that new touch iDrive controller comes, the focus will be on updates that utilize the touch interface. Its a reality of software development. I've got 15 years experience in that biz.

Then, who knows whats next...
Oh those 5Post guys like to complain plenty! But, I get your point

I think the CIC Nav will still have a few more updates. After all, it will be used through MY2014 for the E70/E71, and probably MY2015 for the E84 X1.
Appreciate 0