Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Just wanted to thank the OP again for taking the time to document the install. I got my CPO 14 335i about a month ago and immediately added the CF Mirrors and CF Spoiler. Also on my list was exhaust and some others items which have yet to be purchased.

My M Performance exhaust arrived today. I stopped by AutoZone on the way home to borrow their exhaust cutter. I can't believe they don't charge a rental fee. Just the refundable deposit. I got home and jacked the car up and put it on jack stands and dove right in. The exhaust cutter cut the exhaust like butter. I was done with the whole swap within an hour including some adjustments. It definitely sounds more agressive. I wasn't after something too loud but instead more subtle and I think I got just that. Take a ride back to AutoZone to return the cutters and get my deposit back and enjoyed the new exhaust sound. Very different sounding for sure. Looking forward to breaking this thing in but this now has be seriously thinking about the MPPK next.

If any of you are thinking about taking this project on yourself, I would encourage you to do so. It's really easy and I am very glad I didn't pay somebody to do it for me. Granted, I am long time DIY'er but this was really simple even for somebody who hasn't much experience working on cars and it is very self gratifying.

Here are some pictures. I need to black the lower part of the rear bumper out so it looks like a diffuser. That or get the M Sport bumpers which is on my list of things to do. Vinyl wrap may have to do in the meantime which is be another project I will take on myself.

The old exhaust removed.

Cut pipe before cleaning up and removing the dent.

Clamps in place.

Exhaust in before carbon fiber tip install.

Carbon fiber tip in place for final adjustments.

All buttoned up.
Great job, those CF tips look so sweet. The satisfaction of doing it yourself and enjoying the fruits of your labor nothing like it.

The exhaust will get louder give it about 1,000 miles that packing will settle and you'll love it.

Congrats.