View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #24
328i2013
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Prove it. It's USB2 dude. That's from the year 2000. This is Apple FFS, they're supposed to make bleeding edge stuff and Lightning is not only a dishonest name but it's a backwards step. As I said: the ONLY plus points are that it's smaller and you can put the cable in upside down.
I obviously don't own an iPhone 5 because I'm not a chump and I cancelled my pre-order when I found out how shit it was and I "upgraded" my 16GB 4S to a 64GB 4S instead. And a software fix cannot overcome the hardware limitations of the connector.

You can justify your purchase of an iPhone 5 however you like but watch the sales figures because I don't know any of my rational mates who've bought one. I know dicks who've bought one because they're Apple fanboiz but all the floaters out there who have an iPhone because it's a good phone and not because of the image have looked at the iPhone 5 and though "don't want a bigger screen, don't need a faster processor and all the goodies are IOS6 - which I have". They are the "plus" points too! then there's the fact that none of my docks will work, my car won't work and the lightning connector is a piece of junk. Yeah ... good game Apple. Three of my friends have gone with Android phones instead of the iPhone 5 FFS - that's how big a fuck up this has been from Apple.
I don't see much rationality in your argument. Given the same logic, why would you ever want to upgrade to a newer model bimmer either? I'm sure the 328i built in 2010 will get you from A to B, just like the F30 will. So, why bother getting the F30?

What's not to like about bigger, thinner, faster, lighter iPhone?? I'm happy to use aux cable till a sw upgrade is available for the USB cable. And spending $30 for an adapter is certainly affordable if you can afford a BMW.

But that's not what this thread is about. This is about resolving an issue.

Full Disclosure: I bought $AAPL last year at $330. It's $630 right now