View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #25
328i2013
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2013 328i

So, I wrote to BMW about the iPhone 5 issue for folks without the Tech package and they sent the following reply which suggests that either a cable or sw update will be available in the future.

CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding iPhone 5 compatibility with our vehicles.

We are continuing to work closely with Apple on the validation of the iPhone 5 for BMW vehicles and will be able to announce relevant developments in the future. Unfortunately, Apple did not distribute the iPhone 5 earlier to automobile manufacturers than to the general public, so we will address any issues of concern after our evaluation of the device. We anticipate app compatibility will continue as will the ability to access one's song library using the BMW controls and screen. The specific feature, Plug-in, which works through BMW Apps to replicate the look of the iPhone interface, will not be available at launch. The full scope of compatibility between the iPhone 5 and BMW Group vehicles will be known once the validation process is completed, and we appreciate your patience as we work through the process.