View Single Post
      04-19-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekd3 View Post
I've had my JB+ installed for a week or so and have definitely enjoyed the increase in power. Today I installed the Injen Intake, and the install was one of the easiest in my experience.

My initial impressions:

-The biggest surprise is that the new intake resulted in my CEL disappearing. I've been getting the infamous P00BD code since the car was stock and it disappeared immediately upon start up.

-I could hear more of the high pitch turbo sound after installing the JB+, but it is subtle. With the Injen Intake I definitely can hear it more pronouncedly, but it is still subtle in my opinion.

-The sound of air sucking into the intake is not very noticeable inside the cabin. However, Popping the hood and revving to 5k rpm lets out a sound of moving air that is almost too hard on the ears. Sounds really good, but I was hoping to achieve the sound inbetween gear shifts (I'm manual) not just when revving. The exhaust also burps more often and a little deeper.

-Performance wise there is definitely a change in throttle response and power curve. I feel like the mid range fell off a little bit, but initial torque feels more prominent.

-The only cons so far I will keep an eye on are a mild burning smell (maybe the rubber pieces breaking in) and a little bit of subtle random hesitation in 1st gear (might disappear while ECU adjusts to the mod).
The burning is likely a little extra heat created from the turbo's. I've noticed this also after a JB+ install on a local car. It went away with time.
Appreciate 1
greekd334.00