View Single Post
      01-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #11
bizzyqu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR View Post

Congrats - If no mod plans then definitely a good idea to get DHP. Good call on the HK. You won't regret it. Pretty much the only thing I like about he DAP is the blind spot monitor. It's just nice to have that extra help, especially at night when you have some idiot with low or no lights on.

BTW - leasing a car does not mean you can't mod it. In fact, with BMW, I've read that all M Performance parts can be residualized and are even covered by the 4 yr/50K warranty. It's in their marketing material. if you decide to go after-market, all that means is that you either need to put the car back as it was before turning it in OR you can just do a straight trade BEFORE your lease is due and you won't be penalized. Although - It might affect your trade-in value depending on what you do to it. Now - I'm speaking from experience with Infiniti and Acura. This is my first BMW and I've yet to finish reading all the fine print on my BMW lease. Personally I stick to OEM parts to not void warranty which can be more of an issue.
M performance parts can only be residualized apparently if you buy 4 interior of 6 exterior parts. I'm paying for the carbon fiber trim and black grille over the course of the lease so I wont feel it too bad. I'm excited about the upcoming power pack maybe I'll spring for that. I'm not into the aftermarket look anyway so its not a big problem.

Can't wait to get behind the wheel of this thing, but the next 2 months will be e90 appreciation month haha.
Appreciate 0