11-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #28
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
You still get the USB socket in the armrest, it comes with the USB audio interface option. The surround view cameras would be useful; but I will still have parking sensors (front/back), and the cameras I think don't work as well in the dark, so I think I'll pass on the cameras (though parking isn't my strongest point I will admit, but I usually park out of the way anyway, and almost never on the street). I will use the HUD all the time (even if just for speed/calls/music selection), as opposed to the cameras which will only be used for a few minutes at the beginning and/or end of probably only a couple of journeys a week, and it's a bit of a sci-Fi feature, so I think I'll let that be my ’luxury' feature over the brakes and cameras. I'll pay for it over the phone before delivery so the girlfriend doesn't find out it was extra, as I've already overspent on HK already

Phoning very shortly when dealer opens, fingers crossed...
That's right, the MAP just adds it as a no cost option. Sorry, it's been a while since I was on top of the option list and it's various nuances

The HUD is great and it is one thing that you do use every time you drive the car. To have the speed displayed has saved me on more than one occasion, average speed cameras are the enemy