01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #59
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Since you have had both cars, do you notice the weight? Does the Audi feel sporty to you, is it nimble, do you have a manual? Thanks.
Sadly, at this time of year the only cornering I'm doing is on/off the highway, so no, I don't notice the weight (only had the car for a month or so). I have the adaptive suspension package, so in dynamic mode the car feels very aggressive and stiff on the highway. I have the DSG, so the driving experience is different than a 6MT. I will say the S4 feels harsher day to day, probably due to the comfort of the torque converter in the ZF8 - very smooth AT compared to the DSG.

Based on what you've said, if you want to track and have the faster car, the S4 would be the choice. Else, if you don't need AWD then I'd go with a 328i/335i because it'll be the sportier feeling car day to day (RWD of course being the culprit). You will not realize the shortcomings of the drivetrain until after you take it to a track - which a stiffer suspension + rear LSD should solve your problems (at which point you're encroaching on the M3). The 3 series will also get you better fuel economy if that matters. Just borrow the wife's car for your ski trips...

Hell...you could even wait for a 55k 3200 lb C7 corvette with a rev matching 7MT. Thing is supposed to be 0-60 in high 3 seconds?!?!