View Single Post
      07-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevRyd View Post
The "inferior Interior" is far from a fact! the interior is 80% Leather (seating and inserts) along with either brushed alulinum or hex aluminim trim. Soft touch elements on all of the surfaces. Roof liner is Anthracite. Add this to the driver centric setup and overall fresh new look of the F30 and there is no comparrison. If you don't like the standard materials then you have the option to change all the trim to carbon fibre and Alco. Stop complaining, the only way you wont get exactly what you want is if you choose not to.

Kevin

There is a difference between a Steelcase leather chair for $1000 vs. a Staples Full-grain Leather chair which can be had for $250-$300. Just talking about the leather, forget the assembly/ridity/ergonomics and functionality.

I would totally understand if there are people out there who cannot tell the difference. The difference is there, the word 80%-100% leather has no meaning.

With F30 we are talking more about the soft plastic elements and dash materials. Leather is quite alright on the seats at least. Once again design aspects like driver centric dash and anthracite headliner have nothing to do with the quality of materials used on the dash. Buttons and knobs somewhat hollow to touch than previous generations but really no complains here.

It is easy to stop complaining (not that easy to stop noticing and ignoring it, some people are incredibly good at it). Clearly there is no alternative to an F30 for several other things it offers in its class. Sorry but interior quality is NOT one of them. Talking about BMW, have you spent some time sitting in the F10 cabin? I imagine you have also gone though E90 and E46 generations, before you are making that assessment? If so, you probably have a uniquely well built car.

For those who say F30 is still an entry level car and can get away with a comparison with built quality of Civic and Accord are clearly joking

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota

Last edited by bavarianboar; 07-18-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0