View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #171
faucj
Rep
Drives: Roundie

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
am I the only one that thinks, "no thank you"?
IMO, the car does not look hot/sexy/beauty overall. Yes, there are some very nice touches but overall it is not what I expected. Now tired A5 and C class still look better/equivalent to the new 4er however these cars will soon be redesigned whereas 4er will stay with us for the next 7 years.
My major dislike is the hood lines, bumpers, front. In general, the car just looks like F30 with 2 doors. They seem to lost the trend started with E90 vs E92 which I liked.
Yes, I'll wait for the car to come out and will test drive it so we'll see but for now it does not meet my expectations.
Agree overall. Longtime fan of BMW and BMW design, and ultimately will have to see production version in person, but I think Audi's finally caught them, design-wise. Obviously just my opinion, but I like the A5 much better, and the Sportbacks as well over the 3- and 5-Series GTs.

As others here have pointed out, this one to me seems overstyled and bulky-looking, yet somehow also bland. I like character lines, but the protrusions on this concept's hood look too added-on, as opposed to being well-integrated. The designs of the E92 and its M-version work much better to me.

I do like the F30 fairly well, though not really the "partially exposed" look of the kidneys up front, as BMW is also doing with the i8, etc.

So, in all, it doesn't meet my expectations either. More interested in the A5 as my next vehicle.
Appreciate 0