12-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #76
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I'm not quite sure Mark, I paid an additional amount to swap to the 330, but I would say it is going to be £1000 if it were for a full year.

I do use the car for business, so not SD&P only, but have NCD 5 and over 40, no points, no convictions, no nothing......oh and I'm male which should entitle me to a lower rate now right?

The biggest joke is Aviva telling me this model is extra difficult to fix so incurs an additional £250 excess......she then said this additional excess is only payable for an own fault claim, to which I said "Isn't any excess?"

I would be very interested in hearing from the other M Sport owners or non M Sport 330D/335i owners with Aviva if they have also been hit with this additional excess BS.
I'm paying £1150 I think it is with Elephant, also 5 years NCB, no points or accidents; and I also have my girlfriend on there which whacked it up by £300 (27, driving for just over 3 years, no points but accident just under 3 years ago). Don't use it for business though. Aviva quoted me around £1500 I think it was even without mods etc., so with your business use included I guess it doesn't look so bad? Still quite a lot though!

Definitely a load of BS re. the excess, what's the point in guessing if they don't know, with something as serious as insurance?!