View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #15
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post

My initial research on BMW brakes indicate some market do get different rotor size between M-sport & M-performance brake, but I'm not sure if they are still the same. But at least cosmetically, we know M-perf brake is slotted & dimple drilled, but none in M-sports, again, I'm not sure.... just purely based on what I read, haven't had the chance to see the real thing in close detail yet.

And..... good luck on your parallel import coz I HEARD 320 m-performance brake is different from 328/335 which is what US is selling, I cannot remember exactly what is the difference though
Only option 2NH can be called "M-sport brakes". Cars with M-sport package but without 2NH (i.e. all US-spec M-sports) does not have "M-sport brakes", they only have standard brakes (i.e. identical to other lines with the same engine).
Option 2NH for 328i & above are identical to "M-performance brakes", save for the disc surface. Option 2NH for 320i/d & below have smaller front rotors & calipers as "M-performance brakes" (in fact they're identical to the standard front brakes on the 335i but with blue calipers). The rears are identical on all models. The "M-performance brakes", AFAIK, can be fitted to 320i/d & below.
The source of confusion re brakes is due mainly to US posters with M-sports who call their brakes "M-sport brakes" even tho 2NH is not available there, hence they only have standard brakes (only difference is the pads on US M-sports are same as standard EU-spec pads).
Appreciate 0