shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Y View Post
is there a way to upgrade the software and hardware to this new one?... my 2012 f30 doesnt have the updated version
Yes, you can retrofit anything if you are willing to pay. To retrofit NBT, you would need to buy NBT Unit, install it, which I believe the Pinouts are different so a custom wiring harness will be needed if you don't want to splice wires, then buy and Import & Activate all new FSC Codes for Navigation App, Navigation Maps, Voice Recognition, BMW Apps, Sat Radio, Speed Limit Information, etc., and then Program the Head Unit, and load new Navigation Maps. Between the NBT Unit itself and FSC Codes, it would cost anywhere between $3k to $5k, plus installation and programming costs.

Once retrofitted though, the car cannot be dealer programmed with NBT installed, so the original CIC will need to replaced for any dealer ISTA work.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 03-24-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0