View Single Post
      03-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

In regards to the suspension, I have read repeatedly how inferior the base suspension is, and how it should be the first thing upgraded on the f30 cars. You will have this suspension if you bu a no-line car, Luxury line or Sport/M Sport line with xDrive. Now lets get real here. The base suspension is perfectly suitable for daily driving. It's great. I should not have believed most of the opinions I have read here (and to be honest I have been guilty of repeating those same opinions). I have since changed my mind. I really am liking the base suspension a lot in my f30 M Sport xDrive. Is it as good as a Sport/M sport suspension set up? For daily driving I would wager that it is in fact better. It soaks up bumps much better, is more comfortable and more pleasant for daily driving.

Yes it is a bit bouncy. Yes it exhibits more body roll than the Sport suspension. Yes it is softer. Isn't that what you need for daily driving? Now for spirited driving, aggressive cornering and fun driving purposes, of course you may want to look at certain upgrades. But for daily driving, the base suspension is actually a pretty pleasant change from the much more firm Sport setup, which inevitably leads to more rattling in the car.

I was ready to order my coilovers the next day I took delivery of my car. 1000 miles later, I am still not able to justify that upgrade. Maybe later if I get bored or something.

My 2cents.
Appreciate 0