shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
No it doesn't, not on EU/ROW-spec F20/30 anyway.
For German market, BMW Live is only available with 6NH (if u spec 609 & 6NK/NL it deletes it). For UK market it's only available with 6NK, it deletes it if u spec 609.
Also, the video above stated specifically that it is for cars not equipped with nav (either business or professional).
You may be right. I don't know for sure. I talked to my source that does retrofits, including BMW Live, for a living, and his response as to what is required was as follows:

For Telematics Combox:

S6VCA Control for Combox
S609A Navigation system Professional
S633A Preparation, mobile phone, Business (or S639A Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA/CDN)

For Media Combox:

S6VCA Control for Combox
S609A Navigation system Professional
S644A Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth

So, I asked him if it had to be Nav Professional, or could it also work with Nav Business, and he said he had never seen it or heard of it, but he didn't rule it out.

And now that I think more about it, I think when BMW Live first appeared in the 1-Series, it was with Nav Business.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0