shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328jc View Post
what exactly is flashing the firmware? Is that something i can do to add the new features?

I am seeing in another thread that if you ask the dealer to update the ASS to auto off that the LED's in reverse will be on in reverse by default
Flashing firmware replaces a module's existing firmware, that is the software programmed into the modules read-only memory, with new firmware. Sometimes with that newer firmware comes new features, but usually it is more bug fixes and support for new vehicle options or new chassis'.

Generally this is not done by you, although it can be done. Normally this only occurs when your dealer programs your car, and based on your car's current I-Level and the dealer's latest I-Level, those modules with newer released firmware will be flashed during the programming process.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
eni163.00