tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconti View Post
And then?

You calling them badge whores does not make it so, any more than a 335 buyer is a badge whore who can't afford a 550 or a 7er or whatever.

320 will be a nice car. *shrug* I know a lot of people who specifically look for cars with the fewest options possible.
I think he meant between the same series. Some people will buy the cheapest version of something because it has the name. Hence the bare bones 320 making sense for someone who wants a BMW but can't afford all the bells and whistles. Does that make them a 'badge whore', who knows, it could be 1) they want a 3 series BMW and can't afford model with the bigger engine or the bells and whistles or 2) they dont care about them and just want a stripper BMW. I'd venture to say more fall in the number 1 category but who knows, it's their money to do what they want.

Comparing someone who wanted a 3 series and purchased a 335 to someone who wanted and couldn't afford a 5 series is really apples to oranges. (For instance, I could've purchased a 528 with the tech and premium packages for cheaper than my 335 cost, but I didn't want a 5 series - unless it was a M5 which wasn't in my budget)
Appreciate 0